- Categoría: SOMYCE.org
- Publicado el Martes, 01 Julio 2014 16:18
- Escrito por Super User
- Visitas: 7324
3. Main goals of SOMYCE.
The main goals of SOMYCE are:
- To coordinate the efforts of Spanish observers of meteors, comets and asteroids.
- To collect and analyse the data obtained by both members and non-members of SOMYCE. SOMYCE gives full support to the International Meteor Organization (IMO), and takes care of some of the input into their databases.
- To make all observations carried out by Spanish observers available to the international community.
- To investigate the field of interplanetary matter with special emphasis in meteors, comets and asteroids.
- To form new meteor and comet observers by giving them information about the most suitable methods.
- To inform the general public about interplanetary matter related phenomena.
In order to achieve these goals, SOMYCE is structured in several groups covering the whole spectrum of observational methods. In addition to this structure, many SOMYCE members work together within local groups and astronomical associations in Spain.
If you want more information about SOMYCE, its publications, or simply you wish to join us, please do not hesitate to contact our Secretary at somyce-at-somyce-dot-org